2022 Knolmes County 4-H Camp - June 5-9, 2022
We are excited to release our 2022 4-H Camp Counselor Application! We are looking for enthusiastic youth who are ready for an excellent 4-H Camp leadership experience! Please fill out the online application or pick one up at the OSU Extension Office. Applications are due December 1, 2021!
As always if you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com or call our office 740-397-0401.
Jana, Janessa, and all of the Knolmes 4-H camp counselors look forward to seeing you all soon!
Make new friends, but keep the old…one is silver and the other gold…
The time has come! We are ready to start growing our membership in our Friend of 4-H Camp Ohio organization! Please share this survey link with folks in your county…alumni, retired staff, current families, local supporters…anyone that you think might be interested! http://go.osu.edu/4HCampOhioFriends We are continuing to move forward in the development of a leadership team, so as we continue to collect names & contacts, we will build a database to initiate and maintain contact with ALL of our FRIENDS!
What is 4-H Camp?
- It's youth challenging themselves on a high ropes course, braiding a friendship bracelet, swimming in a lake, learning a line dance, and becoming lifelong friends with their cabinmates.
- It's counselors leading a nature hike, knowing the words to all the songs, creating the best skits at campfire, and making a homesick camper smile.
- It's 4-H professionals training teen counselors, recruiting adult volunteers, purchasing supplies, and setting the stage for a camper's memory of the best week of the summer.
- It's camping facilities featuring hands-on outdoor education, adventure, and challenges that develop leadership, citizenship, and life skills in young people.
- Here's what Ohio 4-H Campers had to say after their camping experiences in 2019:
- 96% either agreed or strongly agreed that they had someone to look up to at camp
- 97% said they made a new friend at camp
- 94% indicated that they learned something new
- 97% said they will recommend camp to their friends
- 98% want to return to camp next year